Doctor Gabriel Cousins in his book, Conscious Eating, explains the whys of soups…,
“Soups play an interesting and important role in our live-food cuisine.
Warmed and/or blended foods are a very effective way to balance vata*.
Soups, prepared in this way, increase the range of live-food dishes available for vata people.
In the Conscious Eating Kitchen, Soups are usually the Entrée for the evening meal.
This is important because the digestive power decreases in the evening.
Blended foods make a wonderful light meal which is easier to digest for all three doshas.”
Cilantro Miso Soup:
- 1-3 Bunches of Cilantro—(cilantro has properties to aid in removal of heavy metals,ie; mercury)
- 3 Cloves of garlic—(garlic is a natural antibiotic)
- 1 Jalapeno- Jalapeno is a substance that helps blood circulation and kills parasites.
- 3 Tbs. of Chickpea Miso—miso is full of friendly organisms for healthy digestion
- 3Cups of warmed water-preferably filtered structured water
Put all above ingredients in Vitamix and blend
- Coconut flaked or shredded
Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut oil—anti:viral, fungal and bacterialChopped green onion
Red pepper and tomatoes cut cleanly for crisp presentation.
Serve and your guests will swoon with delight!